This App contains photographs of all Mao Xuhui s artworks since 1983, including those that have been shown for many times on international exhibitions and those been collected by notable artistic organizations and collectors.
This App also contains reviews and interview articles from three world-famous critics and curators, in which Mao has made a vivid depiction of his artistic experience as well as featured interpretation of his own artistic creation and concept.
This App presents photographs of Mao at his sole exhibition, at his studio as well as in life.
Mao Xuhui's Artworks Show:
- During his more than two decades of artistic production, he makes portraits of various everyday objects as an individual response to social change. When Mao makes a portrait of something, he does not paint a still life, but, to borrow a Japanese expression, tells a story of that object . This is not only the story of an everyday object, but is also Mao s story, or even the story of society. These objects are found both in society and among personal possessions. Therefore, we often discover Mao s shadow among his multitude of objects . To some degree, Mao s portraits of chairs, scissors, or bicycles are self-portraits, as well.
- The various objects have become Mao s major themes during different periods. For example, his early themes were red earth and green tree branches . Themes such as chairs (Parents), scissors , keys , bicycles , shoes , and brocade flags did not emerge until later. Mao s method of telling a story of the object dates back to the Gui Mountain Series of Paintings ; the Red Physical Volume and Personal Space Series of the 1980s; the Parents Series and Scissors Series of the 1990s; and the Glory and What Is Past Series , from 2000 to the present. The technique, portraits of objects , expresses the artist s thoughts about society and the essence of existence.
- 250 pieces of artworks since 1983;
- Full round Photographs, including artist in life, at studio and exhibition sites;
- 20 super-size HD digital artworks regularly updated, containing Mao s electronic signature;
- Mao s Biography, resume, reviews by critics and videos of his reviews or works;
- Sharing the App or any of the works with friends on Twitter, Facebook and Sina Microblog;
- All artworks available for sale on Artdepot.cn.
The App is operated in iOS 4 or higher edition operation system. The digital artworks require network supporting for super-sized HD photographs. Please keep connected to the network while downloading.
Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Mao-Xuhui is a free software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-12-09. The program can be installed on iOS.
Mao-Xuhui (version 1.0) has a file size of 118.49 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.